home > our alcohol drug rehab center > addiction rehabilitation programs
Our Program -
We provide an education based program that teaches life and coping skills for relapse prevention. The entire program is based on the best evidence available and is presented in a manner that meets the needs of the adult learner. To ensure all clients carry through tasks from start to finish all program components are mandatory.
Empowerment Through Education
We support the client to:
- Maintain abstinence
- Be accountable for their actions
- Develop a healthy lifestyle including exercise, healthy diet, keeping regular routine and hours, getting regular and adequate sleep
Drug and Alcohol Free Environment and Safety
We provide a safe environment for our clients by maintaining:
- A drug and alcohol free environment through daily random drug testing
- A zero tolerance policy for aggressive behaviour
- A zero tolerance policy for sexual relationships to help prevent transmission of STDs and to assist the client to stay focused on the program
- 24 hour security personnel on site
- 24 hour security video cameras in shared areas
Relapse Prevention Plan
We provide skilled personal counsellors to assist clients to create their own relapse prevention plan.
- The plan is customized to address all areas of a client’s life in relation to relapse prevention.
- The completed relapse prevention plan assists clients to be confident and ready to succeed.
- Clients will have created an organized written plan so they can become:
- Knowledgeable about addiction and relapse prevention
- Stronger and healthier both physically and mentally
- Skilled in problem solving and clear thinking
- Skilled in using positive relaxation techniques
- An expert communicator
One To One Education Sessions
We provide each client with up to four one meetings per week to focus on relapse prevention. During the one to one meeting, the counselor guides the client to:
- Identify and address individual concerns and barriers to success
- Develop rational (cognitive) thinking skills
- Complete his/her mandatory program tasks
- Complete the relapse prevention plan and associated tasks
The number of one to one meetings per week depends on the package level.
We provide clients the opportunity to interact with others in a group setting with a skilled facilitator to:
- Increase knowledge, support personal growth, and increase self esteem
- Practice skills to improve self management of addiction and health
- Build and practice communication and conflict resolution skills
- Increase awareness of resources
- Practice relapse prevention coping skills
- Develop and practice life skills such as practical problem solving
- Define their life goals and develop self confidence to achieve them
1. Daily Relapse Prevention Group Class- Relapse Prevention & Relaxation
- Relapse Prevention
- Practical relapse prevention skills, including coping skills
- Creating a life vision and goals, because preventing relapse is more than abstinence, it is about realizing a client's true potential
- Creating a plan to embark upon new, positive activities including exercise, recreation and social activities
- Creating a positive support network
- Creating a detailed 3 month post-rehab plan for how the client will acheive their goals and stay safe from high risk situations
- Discovery of client's own personal trigger situations, emotions, and relationships
- Time to practice and role play coping skills, practicing refusal skills
- Creating a personalized problem list and ways to manage
- Learning to manage cues or triggers
- Detecting the chain of events that lead to lapse or relapse
- Learning how to manage craving
- Identifying irritations and stress that lead to relapse
- Managing the stress of guilt and shame
- Setting healthy boundaries from high risk situations and people
- Relaxation Skills
- Clients learn how improved relaxation and stress management skills reduce the risk of relapse through effective management of interpersonal conflict, anger, fear, anxiety, and depression
- Provide opportunities for clients to develop and practice relaxation and stress management skills
2. Daily Education Group Class- Life, Interpersonal, Addictions Information and Communication Skills
- Life Skills and Addictions Information
- Provide information on the effects and symptoms of drugs and alcohol to help clients assess the impact their addiction has had on their lives
- Provide information clients require to; effectively manage addiction, improve overall health, work on their personal growth, and find different resources that can help them
- Opportunities for participation, discussion, and clarification are provided throughout the presentations. Handouts are provided
- Clients learn about and practice the many skills necessary for them to help themselves succeed through rehabilitation, and afterwards in all aspects of their lives
- Communication Skills
- Provide opportunities for clients to become more aware of and improve their communication skills
- Clients learn how the ability to communicate effectively impacts all areas of their life and wellbeing
- Clients learn about and practice communicating clearly to reduce misunderstandings, solve problems, and resolve conflict which results in:
- Improved self management of addiction and over all health
- Improved relationships
- Increased personal growth
- Increased ability to use resources
- Increased effectiveness in daily life at home, work/school and socially
3. Daily Cognitive Group Class- Healthy Thinking Skills, Anger Management Skills, Motivation To Stay Abstinent
Healthy Thinking Skills
- Provide opportunities for clients learn and practice healthy / rational thinking skills. Clients learn to change how they feel by changing the way they think. They are able to make more thoughtful, positive decisions and to more fully enjoy life in positive ways.
- Clients learn and practice how to manage the anxiety and depression that commonly accompanies drug and alcohol abuse and withdrawal
- Anger Management
- Clients learn how unmanaged anger negatively affects their lives, how to identify anger, and how to manage anger. They learn the important role that anger plays in poor decision making and relapse, and how to take positive action to prevent relapse.
- The information is applied to the groups and individual’s experience, with opportunities to practice, discuss, and use the knowledge in a group setting
- Sunday Motivational Group
- Clients view different motivational material each week.
- Provide opportunities for clients to discover personalized reasons to stay motivated to remain abstinent through uplifting and positive educational material.
4. Daily Relapse Prevention Plan Study Group - Develop A Personalized Relapse Prevention Plan
- This group provides opportunity for clients to complete any homework from class with the assitance of a supervising staff member
- Clients develop a personalized relapse prevention plan using Clear Haven's own book, "Make Your Last Relapse The Last"
- Our book was written by our program development team with over 30 years of experience in the health, mental health, and addictions fields
- The book guides clients to apply what they have learned in group sessions to their own lives
- Client end up with a written plan, that if applied after graduation, will help them greatly reduce their risk of relapse
Health Group Sessions
We provide clients the opportunity to improve their physical health and interact with others in a group setting. A skilled facilitator leads health groups.
1. Yoga Group - Health and Relaxation Skills
We provide yoga twice per week with a trained and skilled instructor.
- Clients experience increased ability to relax and increased flexibility.
- Clients become more physically fit and energetic.
- Clients practice meditation to focus their thoughts.
- Clients report feeling happier and more peaceful.
Choosing Program Length
Typically, clients in residential alcohol and drug rehab programs lasting 3 months experience much higher success rates than those who have shorter treatment programs or have been involved in an outpatient program and relapsed.
The longer clients remain abstinent, the less likely they are to relapse.
This is why we have a 3 month program with each day covering a different and important topic. However, we do offer 1 or 2 month options but encourage you to consider 3 months to increase your likelihood of success.
Massage - Relaxation
We provide opportunities for clients to experience their body in healthy, nonsexual ways.
- We offer packages that include massage therapy.
- Clients are able to experience positive, nonsexual touch and to become aware of their body in a new way.
- Clients are able to relax more deeply.
Nutrition - Our Menus
We provide healthy meals as part of regaining mental and physical health. Click below to see our cafeteria's current menus:
- Breakfast Menu A, Breakfast Menu B
- Lunch Menu A, Lunch Menu B
- Dinner Menu A, Dinner Menu B
- Snack Menu, available 24 hours: cereal, oatmeal, whole wheat and white bread / toast, peanut butter and jam, apples, bananas, oranges, milk, water, tea, and herbal tea. We also have a snack vending machine and an ice cream vending machine
- We are usually able to accomodate special dietary requirements, please speak with your intake counselor in advance of arriving to make arrangements
- Click here to view our client's comments about our cafeteria!
"Food is always hot and nutritious. The chefs and servers are always friendly and efficient"
We recognize that ongoing support after clients complete their program is critical. We provide an online forum. Former clients can submit questions and read regularly posted articles. We also provide confidential email responses to individual rehab related questions.
We are currently accepting methadone clients. Please contact your intake counselor for admission criteria.
Since addiction can often be a problem in both partners of a couple, we do accept couples for treatment at Clear Haven Center.
Click here to see how affordable 3 months at clearhaven can be...
Call today and find out more about our exceptional facilties, addiction rehabilitation programs and affordable rates.
Admission counselors are available 7/24, toll free, at 1-877-465-8080