home > our alcohol drug rehab center > counseling
Alcohol and drug rehabilitation requires
individualized addiction counseling,
Because no single treatment is appropriate for all individuals it is important to match treatment setting, interventions and services to each individual's particular problems and needs when and where it is needed. To do that a professional must get to know a patient and know a patient very well. Opposed to a program centered exclusively on group therapy techniques, one on one counseling has a number of advantages, including:
- allow for obtaining the client history in a private setting instead of a group setting
- address the individual's drug use and any associated medical, psychological, social, vocational, and legal problems. Effective treatment attends to multiple needs of the individual, not just his or her drug use. The treatment approach must also be appropriate to the individual's age, gender, ethnicity and culture.
- discovering strengths, weaknesses, abilities, willingness and desire to change for the specific client
- help the patient recognize and understand the damaging effects of drugs in an individual setting
- make treatment readily available - individuals who are addicted to drugs are usually uncertain about entering treatment. Recognizing and taking advantage of opportunities the moment they are ready is crucial.
- assess continually an individual's treatment plan and modified as necessary to ensure that the plan meets the person's changing needs.
and leading edge rehabilitation programs.
Our counselors also deliver a comprehensive program of lectures and facilitate discussions on a variety of topics, including stress management, communication skills and techniques on how to prevent a return to addicted behavior along with other important life skills. With knowledge, an addict's power and ability overcome their addiction increases and they begin to understand that they are ultimately capable of overcoming the addiction and start asserting their power in life.
Call one of our admissions councelors today to find out more, and get you our your loved one started on the road to recovery. Call, toll free, 1-877-465-8080.